Stressed about choosing an elementary school? Wondering how it all works?
Kindergarten 101: Know Your Public Options
Presented by Tanya Anton, creator of GoMamaGuide.com, author of “GoMamaGuide to LAUSD”
Saturday, February 23, 2019, 10AM @ Sherman Oaks Lutheran
In this 90 minute talk, you’ll learn all about your public school options:
- How (and when) to begin the Kindergarten application process
- Magnets and “The Point System” demystified
- How Charters work and what they are
- Other tuition-free options you might not know about
- What to look for in a school and more
- Plenty of Q&A—bring your burning public school questions
- *Recommended for parents of 2-5 year olds
- Guidebooks available for purchase afterwards ($20 cash -SAVE $14)
Please plan to arrive a few minutes early to park and get settled in.
Tanya Anton is the creator of GoMamaGuide and author of a series of guidebooks helping parents navigate the daunting array of K-12 public school choices throughout greater Los Angeles. A frequent guest speaker and public education consultant, Tanya has appeared on NPR’s “Which Way LA” seven times, presented on motherhood and social activism in NYC, lobbied against school budget cuts up in Sacramento, and also appeared before the LAUSD School Board on several issues. Having spoken to literally thousands of stressed-out parents about to enter the LA school system over the past decade, Tanya has inspired many to not only reconsider their public school options but also become a vital yet interconnected agent of change within them. Visit GoMamaGuide.com.